Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Journal 1

So far not too much has really happend in my book besides an early shark attack on young female that I'm guessing is the same one as in the start of the movie. Seeing as Jaws is one of my favorite all time films (especially when I was younger) it's cool to see where they got everything for the movie because not until I started this projest I had no idea Jaws was originally a best selling book. Although I can't see the book being near as good as the movie, I still think the book will be one of my favorite novels. So far the background story of how Cheif Brody and his family moved to the island has dragged on a bit much but gave info I didnt know before like How Brody was raised on Amity and his wife Ellen was a tourist he met. The one thing I know I'll enjoy about the book for sure, is the way it will kinda fill in the cracks of the story. For example once I reach the part where they plan to catch Jaws and meet the shark hunter (chalk board scratcher) I'm hoping to get more info on who he is and where he comes from, also to see if it gives more than what I saw in the movie. Overall I'm happy about my decision for which novel I'm doing now that I've finally found it. It took alot of looking around and asking until I finally found a copy. Another thing I found interesting is how the movie cover was even adapted into the film cover although the book cover shark looks much less frightning it's still good to see it kept original.

No comments:

Post a Comment